Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2 more weeks of stitches

I'm starting to feel like a full-fledged rock star now. I've got Percocet for pain, and melatonin to counteract the insomnia from Percocet. Fish oil, multivitamin, B100 complex, 1000 mg of C, 5000 IU of D3, zinc, and magnesium supplements daily. One of these things is bound to work.

The incision looks incredibly good, even though there's still a stubborn spot that continues to drain and remains sore. It'll be interesting to see whether they can get all of the sutures out, as a lot of them have disappeared under the skin. I'm convinced that the problematic suture might be through a nerve, and that's why it has been painful for nearly 4 weeks. Everything else has been healing nicely, and I don't have any tender areas. I really don't want to mess around with nerve damage, so I hope I'm wrong. It's just odd that touching that one particular suture is like a shock, and makes me think neuropathy.

Apparently, we truly don't make anything in this country any more. I noticed that my rolls of gauze are "made and sterilized in China." Seriously, is it that much more economical to ship cotton 10,000 miles, make gauze out of it, and ship it 10,000 miles back to the US?

CIGNA apparently still does not have the necessary documentation to approve an intermittent leave. It sounds like the Cleveland Clinic told them I wouldn't go back to work full time until after Nov 14, but I wanted them to say that I would be intermittent until then. If my doctor signs off on continuous leave until Nov 14, what's the problem with intermittent leave until then?

No comments:

Post a Comment