Wednesday, October 19, 2011

CIGNA = clowns

My employer uses CIGNA as the FMLA/disability approver, and WOW do these people FAIL at their jobs. Today, CIGNA told me that they have received nothing from me or the Cleveland Clinic. This, despite the fact that I sent them everything a solid month ago via US Mail. The nurse from the Cleveland Clinic also said she had sent everything well before my surgery.

Today, I told the CIGNA rep that I had faxed her another form, and she pointed out that I was using the wrong fax number. I said, "Well, I'm using the fax number that this form says to use." She actually copped an attitude, and said, "Well, that's an old number, and I don't know where that goes." Because someone who just had his leg hacked off deserves attitude over something as inane as this.

So, the Cleveland Clinic probably faxed everything right into outer space, since CIGNA uses outdated forms. I told the CIGNA rep that the Cleveland Clinic probably faxed everything to the old number, and she advised me to get in touch with the Cleveland Clinic and straighten it all out. Seriously? You guys screw up, and the onus is on me? It still baffles me that they never received the forms I mailed them. Undoubtedly the mailing address they provide on the forms is invalid. What an unprofessional and disorganized outfit.

This is really terrific that I've got to coordinate all of this stuff. What exactly are these people being paid to do, besides make my recovery as exasperating as possible?

Also, who doesn't use email to conduct business these days? Apparently, CIGNA. I asked the rep if she had an email address, so I could more easily keep in touch. She said, "I do, but I don't give it out." Great. Thanks for that.

The other annoying thing is that CIGNA reps have extensions, but there's no way to actually contact them at their extension. The automated phone system will only transfer you to a rep of its choosing. Then, I have to say, "Uh, could you transfer me to this extension?" Seems a little amateurish to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment