Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 18

I'm glad I didn't throw away the percocet, after all. I have very localized pain coming from the medial aspect of the incision. I don't know what the problem is, but it's been fairly consistent over the last several days. I'm pretty sure I have excellent nutrition, I'm washing the incision and changing the gauze every day, and I'm applying bacitracin ointment. I don't necessarily care if the incision takes a long time to heal, I just wish it would do so without throbbing pain. I don't understand the point of this pain -- what is my body trying to tell me? It's not like I'm going to forget that my leg was sawed off. Maybe it's just mad that I did that, and this is revenge.

I guess I should have stayed home an extra week before going back to work.

I ran this by my surgeon, but he thinks it sounds pretty typical.

Time to celebrate my 32nd birthday with percocet!

No comments:

Post a Comment