Sunday, October 9, 2011

Visit from the prosthetist

The prosthetist from Hanger stopped by this evening, ostensibly to measure me for my leg brace. What I wasn't counting on was being placed into orbit by the pain from rolling on a shrinker sock. I was relaxed and settled in for the night, and he knocked on the door at about 8:45pm. We had a nice discussion about how I will be so much better off with the Ertl, and how Dr. Clair is probably the best Ertl surgeon in the country. That was very reassuring.

Then he unwrapped the shrinker sock, and started to slide that on. I could feel my sutured-together bones flexing, and the sutures being tugged as that stupid thing went on. Hopefully that doesn't have to happen again. Between this and the physical therapy, I don't see how all this abuse is going to promote healing. I wish there weren't so many people involved in rehab, but I guess that's Modern Medicine™ for you. Hopefully I'll see Dr. Clair tomorrow before being discharged (if discharge is still the plan for tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment